News of the personalized billboards that Mini Cooper is testing got me thinking of some other firms that might use this new medium:
- Ron Shevlin, your current bank balance is $1.17.
Get a payday loan at Sonic Cash.
- Ron Shevlin, your STD tests are in, contact us immediately.
- Thank you for your continued business, Ron Shevlin.
From your friends at Frenchy’s Adult Book Store.
- The air in your front left tire looks low, Ron Shevlin.
Lou’s Mobil station (one block ahead).
- Ron Shevlin: Your alimony payment is three months late.
Massachusetts Association of Divorce Lawyers.
- Ron Shevlin: Your alimony payment isn’t the only thing that’s late.
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
- Only wimps drive a Mini Cooper, Ron Shevlin.
Land Rover of Peabody.
On second thought, maybe personalized billboards aren’t such a good idea.
Why am I thinking that when the telephone was invented, you would have talked about the looming threat of telemarketing? 🙂
If I had been around when the telephone was invented, I would have been proud to be the guy to have made the first prank call.
Cranky and hilarious at the same time. Nice combination!
I believe when the telephone was introduced people thought it was pure evil and would result in a breakdown of the family unit, etc.
Um…yea, well, ah, that didn’t happen – right?
Um… possibly wrong.
I have a 17 year-old daughter and I’ve been learning that the telephone (and now IM) may very well be evil and causing the breakdown of the family (if mother/daughter arguments about the amount of time spent on the phone and IM are any indication of “breakdown”).